Hummus Crusted Chicken

10:18 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


This recipe uses my Humina Humina Hummus and if you've never thought to use it as a sauce in a baked dish, be prepared to have your mind blown!  If you LOVE hummus, this meal is for you!  The hummus does mellow out a little when baked, so if you just kinda like hummus, give it a taste and I'll bet you'll be surprised!  When I bring my Humina Humina Hummus to a party, I make a big batch so I'll have leftovers to make this dish.  This is also an amazingly easy dinner to make for one person!  When my husband travels and I'm cooking just for myself, there's nothing easier than slathering a chicken breast with hummus and popping it in the oven!  Then be prepared for a flavor explosion!  

Hummus Crusted Chicken

Ingredients

  • boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenderloins!), fresh or defrosted

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Spray a Pyrex dish with nonstick spray - I use Pam Olive Oil.
Place chicken in dish. 


Smother with a thick layer of hummus. 


Bake for 20-30 min for 1 chicken breast, or double the time for a larger batch.




Serve with a side of veggies and you're good to go!