Clean Chicken Salad

5:19 PM 1 Comments A+ a-



This chicken salad recipe is my go-to for lunches all week long!  The creamy texture from the Greek yogurt gives it an extra boost of protein, while the sweetness of the Craisens and the savory seasonings give it a light complexity!  Serve on a bed of baby spinach and or roll it up into a whole wheat tortilla!

When I'm making any kind of chicken salad, I have two go-to methods for the cooked chicken:

#1 - CLEAN rotisserie chicken from a health grocery store like Fresh Thyme or Earth Fare. Trust me it matters. Don't believe me? Read more in my chicken story!

#2 - Crock pot method at home. Seriously, this is sometimes faster and easier than driving to the grocery store for a rotisserie! 
  • 8 frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins tossed into the crock pot
  • Cover about 1/3 of the way with low sodium chicken broth
  • Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion power (powder, not salt!), fresh ground black pepper, and sea salt or pink Himalayan salt.
  • Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
  • Remove and Shred
Once you have the cooked chicken you can mix it up with any ingredients you like, but my fave is the chicken salad recipe above!  
Enjoy! 

1 comments:

Write comments