Protein Packed Omelet

3:42 PM 0 Comments A+ a-




In my opinion, clean eating at its best also follows the 21 Day Fix eating plan! Therefore, I designed this unique omelet recipe be a powerhouse of portioned food containers, filling me up and fueling me for my day! I often make this omelet for lunch, so it carries me through to the end of the day. I wanted to pack in as much protein as possible, include a crazy amount of veggies without feeling like I’m eating a salad, and add intense flavor without adding cheese - let’s be real people, only one healthy fat per day and I want to save it! So here’s how this would play out on the 21 Day Fix meal plan:

1-1/2 RED (2 eggs and ½ a red container of ricotta cheese)
1 GREEN (1 cup veggies)
1 t (pesto has olive oil in it, mmkay?)


Protein Packed Omelet
  • 2 eggs
  • Splash of skim milk
  • Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 c diced tomatoes and mixed bell peppers
  • ¼ c ricotta cheese
  • 1-2 T pesto
Set your burner heat to medium-high.

Whisk together eggs, milk, and S&P.
Spray pan with olive oil and pour in egg mixture. Let set until firm enough to slide a spatula
underneath and flip over. A little brown and crispy is okay!

L: This is what it should look like before you flip it! Mostly cooked, but not all the way!
R: This is what it looks like when you flip it! Then immediately add your toppings!

Dump on your veggies, add your ricotta cheese and pesto in dollops on top. This side will cook much quicker than the first side. Carefully slide your spatula underneath and fold the omelet up in half. Let set another minute or two to warm all the toppings up nicely and let the flavors meld.